Hobie Cat® Worldwide and the International Hobie Class Association are pleased to announce that the 21st Hobie 16 World Championships website is now live.
The dates for the world championships are 29 May – 13 June, 2016 and for each series, dates and information can be found on the dedicated event website.
You can enter and book your accommodation from 12 January, 2016. The organizers have made an arrangement for those that book early to get a FREE shuttle from Bao’an Shenzhen International Airport to the official hotel on arrival and a return shuttle to the same airport at the conclusion of the series (the shuttle schedule will be restricted to certain times). The organizers have also reduced the normal price of the official hotel and have added special bonuses for sailors and their friends.
Your entry will include
• Entry into your chosen class/es in the 2016 Hobie 16 World Championships
• Free shuttle bus to and from Shenzhen Bao’an International Airport to the Event Hotel
• Hotel Breakfast Daily
• A complimentary “Western Style” lunch on the beach, during competition days including:
• Sports drink
• Collectors souvenir event apparel for skipper and crew for each event entered
• Souvenir tote bag for skipper and crew
• Souvenir event programme for skipper and crew
• Tickets to the official class opening ceremony for skipper and crew
• Tickets to the official class closing ceremony for skipper and crew
• The opportunity to become the Hobie 16 World Champion in your class!
• And of course “A lifetime of memories!”
Once again entries open from 12 January for the 21st Hobie 16 World Championships in Dapeng, Shenzhen. Come and join all of your Hobie friends at this spectacular oriental location in southern China.
There are some amazing places to visit in Dapeng, that are incredibly close to the event site: including the stunningly beautiful Dongshan Monastery; the amazing ancient walled city often referred to as the Dapeng Military Fortress; the National Geopark Museum; the delicacies of Seafood Street and the small, beautiful and vibrant city of Dapeng Central which has every need a traveler requires, including banks, medical facilities, supermarkets and every manner of shopping. Miss your KFC or McDonalds? You’ll find them there.
A stay over in Shenzhen is recommended for all competitors, with its 11,000,000 residents, the city has sprung up out of nowhere in the late 1970s (when the tallest building was only 5 stories) into a huge modern mega-tropolis, now one of the most vibrant cities in Asia.
Renowned for its excellent shopping and internationally famous brands that sit in the shadows of the Ping An International Finance Centre, which at a height of 599m is the second tallest building in the world!
Don’t miss the chance for a day (and night) at “Splendid China and Folk Village”, you’ll regret it if you miss this stunning experience. Explore the widespread and amazingly varied cultures of China, their traditional architecture, foods and dress all in one awesome location. Meandering through Splendid China and Folk Village is an absolutely wonderful day out for everyone travelling to the worlds in 2016
Please don’t forget the website has lots of information and will be continually updated.